The airborne group (Gaé) on the aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle is formed from the units assigned to the naval aviation bases of Landivisiau (Finistère) and Lann-Bihoué (Morbihan).
It’s made of:
- 2 Fighting Flotillas ( 11F , 17F )
- From an interception flotilla ( 12F )
- From an Air Watch Fleet ( 4F )
- Training and Mission Preparation Training Center (CEIPM).
These fleets participate in missions of deterrence, projection of power and control of the air-sea space.
Each mission corresponds to a type of aircraft:
- The Modernized Super-Standard (11F, 17F) assists in assault missions against naval and land targets, tactical land or sea reconnaissance, and nuclear deterrence
- The E-2C Hawkeye (4F Air Watch) specializes in naval security, flying control and assault guidance against naval and land targets
- The Rafale F 1 (12F) performs air superiority missions.
The Gaé also includes a rescue helicopter detachment and liaison Dauphin Pedro from the 35F .
It is eventually reinforced by helicopter detachments from other armies (land and air) or other nations.
I’m always looking to buy or trade for squadron coins. Please message me if you have any available.