Dassault Mirage IVA 45/BR (Bravo Romeo) was built in 1966 and flew for the first time on 6th May of that year. Her crew for that flight was Elie Buge (pilot 1923-1967, first non-commissioned officer to cross the sound barrier) and Jean Cuny.
Delivered to the French Air Force on June 3rd, 1966, Bravo Romeo completed 6,309 hours of flying and 2,975 landings. It left active duty and made its last flight on September 11th, 1991 before joining the Châteaudun base. It was then exhibited at the Cité des Sciences et de l’Industrie in Paris from March 1995 to January 2009 before returning to Châteaudun”. She arrived at Elvington in March 2017 as mentioned above and was unveiled in September that year. She is preserved in the markings of the Centre d’Instruction des Forces Aériennes Stratégiques 328 (CIFAS 328) “Aquitaine”.
She is the only Mirage IV preserved outside of France and being a nuclear capable bomber is still satellite tracked by the French Air Force.
Dassault Mirage IVA 45/BR (Bravo Romeo). Nightshoot – Yorkshire Air Museum