Curtiss P-40C Warhawk 41-13357 was accepted by the United States Army Air Corps on 6th April 1941, where it went on to serve at Patterson Field, Ohio. After recording around 100 hours there, it was shipped to Puerto Rico where it is presumed that 41-13357 was used for coastal and anti-submarine patrols.
Having amassed 603 hours, it was returned to the Curtiss Factory in Buffalo, New York, where it was overhauled for the Lend-Lease programme with the Soviet Union. Curtiss P-40C Warhawk 41-13357 was then duly shipped to the USSR in December 1941. The history past this point is still relatively unknown until it was acquired from the former Soviet Union in the 1990s by The Fighter Collection in a pretty poor state.
During the restoration it was decided to finish the aircraft in the scheme of a P-40 based at Chanute Field, Kansas. Curtiss P-40C Warhawk 41-13357 wears the scheme of 39-159, a P-40C that was stripped of its olive drab camouflage paint and used as a personal ‘hack’ for base commanders. The restoration culminated on the 5th August 2011 when the aircraft (then registered N80FR) had its first post restoration flight in the hands of Steve Hinton. The aircraft was shipped from Chino to Duxford during May/June 2014, in time for Flying Legends 2014 where it made its UK debut.